Monday, July 23, 2012
ps - The picture is a little dark, my apologies, but I had to use this one because I didn't want to display my flopped, failed to be properly formed omelet for all the world to see. Taste over presentation, taste over presentation ...
red onion, thinly chopped
splurt of milk
thinly sliced zucchini
fresh baby spinach
1. Mix your eggs, milk and salt/pepper in a large bowl and set aside. Pan fry the red onion until fragrant and tender and add your zucchini. Grill until lightly browned. Add everything to the egg mixture.
2. Over medium heat and a lightly oiled pan, fry your egg mixture until the top starts to look kind of cooked. Add the fresh spinach and goat cheese and then flip. Serve hot and enjoy!
Ingredients:2 cups orange sherbet, softened (enough to have approx. 1 1/2" of sherbet on base of pan)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream Cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
rind of 1 orange
2/3 tub thawed coolwhip
1. Line a bread loaf pan with foil. Spread sherbet onto bottom of prepared pan to form even layer. Freeze 10 min.
2. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually add condensed milk, orange rind and frozen juice (I just dollop in 1/2 the can of frozen juice concentrate), beating until blended. Whisk in cool whip; spread over sherbet in pan.
3. Freeze the whole thing for a good 6-7 hours, or, ideally overnight. To unmold, invert pan onto a pre-frozen plate; remove foil. Enjoy!