Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sautéed Chicken in Mustard-Cream Sauce

I`ve noticed that I`ve been adding mostly SWEET recipes lately on the blog. Hmmm. Seems like it might be the holidays or something! I guess that that`s not all bad. But here`s a more savoury dish that it sure to please :)


I think that any recipe that calls for heavy cream has to be good. Just has to. And when you get to add some white wine to it. Oh boy. Yum, yum, yum. Preparing this dish made me feel like I was cooking at the Cordon Bleu. Sadly the picture leaves a little to be desired, but believe me, the recipe itself was delicious.  I decided to pair the chicken with some super-good-for-you asparagus (covered in more cream sauce of course!) with some toasted slivered almonds on top.  Bon appétit! 

Ingredients
 Serves 4
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine, or chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh)

Directions
1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
2. Pour wine into hot skillet; cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Whisk in cream, mustard, and tarragon. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes.

3. Pour any accumulated chicken juices into sauce. Right before serving, drizzle cream sauce over chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment