Sunday, August 29, 2010

Banana-Oat Smoothies


This is me recovering from my latest back surgery... drinking smoothies. Nothing says, feel better soon, like drinking a delicious banana smoothie and catching up on my blogging! I am now up and about and asked Jerms to get the blender out for me so that I could blend away the afternoon. Life gets a little boring when you're moping about all tender-like and why not make a smoothie to make life a little, well, smoother? 


This recipe is from my newest Martha cookbook. I like it because it calls for ingredients that you are likely to have around your house - let's face it, it's not often that I have pomegranate juice and mangoes just kicking around ...


This would be a good breakfast smoothie for on the road, or just for relaxing on the back porch. It's quite good - different, but good. Very oaty. Very banana-y. VERY filling. Bon Appétit mes amis!


Ingredients (makes 2):
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant or quick-cooking)
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 bananas (I chopped mine up and then froze them to make the smoothie a little colder)
- 4 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon 
- 1 cup of milk


Directions: toss er' all in the blender, puree on high speed until smooth and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment