Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fresh Peach Crisp

Last night for dinner I made a surprise special dessert for my husband. He knew that something was in the oven and that it smelled like a world of delicious deliciousness, but I wouldn't let him look until I pulled it out and had my "tada!" moment. I decided to make this dish on the fly because I thought it`d be fun to have something a little different for dessert other than yogurt & berries with our coffee & tea. I had all of the ingredients on hand anyways and the peaches were on their last breath, so what a perfect way to use em` up! All I can say is... Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm. We poured a little bit of fresh cream on top to really sweeten the deal. Another old favourite of course is to serve with vanilla ice cream. Bon appétit! 


Ingredients (for 4-5):
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. butter
- 7-8 med. peaches or apples
- splash of lemon juice
- dash of white sugar

Directions:
1. In a mixing bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. 

2. Core peaches (or you could use apples); slice and put into a baking dish. Cover with a light splash of lemon juice (this prevents the fruit from browning) and a light sprinkling of sugar.

3. Sprinkle oat mixture on top of fruit and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment